Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program West Bank/Gaza
The Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program provides financial assistance to promising, academically qualified but economically challenged Palestinian secondary school students to assist them in competing successfully for scholarships to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United States. The program will assist the selected students to become competitive applicants for U.S. college and university admissions and scholarships. This program is the first of its kind in terms of providing direct assistance to secondary school students who would otherwise not be able to realistically consider the idea of U.S. study because of the expenses required during the preparation process – i.e. testing, preparation courses and application fees.
The Lincoln Program is implemented through AMIDEAST, which provides students with the following range of educational advising, test preparation, and testing services:
- Advising sessions on undergraduate study in the U.S. and the application process
- College Application & Essay Writing Workshop (18 hours)
- Test Preparation Courses for iBT/PBT TOEFL and SAT I ( 30x2 hours) in addition to Online Practice Tests for iBT-TOEFL and SAT I
- Travel subsidies in the form of partial or full reimbursement of the cost of local transportation incurred in order to attend advising sessions, take preparation courses, sit for tests, etc.
- Payment of application fees at up to six U.S. colleges or universities.
Prospective applicants for the Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program must meet all of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that their family is unable to meet the costs of applying to a U.S. college or university
- Be a Palestinian resident of the West Bank, Jerusalem or Gaza
- Hold an A average overall and A in English
- Hold excellent attendance
- Excellent teacher evaluation score
- Submit AMIDEAST English Language Placement Test (30NIS in the West Bank and Jerusalem, 20 NIS in Gaza)
For full details, see http://www.amideast.org/offices/westbank/
For more information, including application deadlines, contact AMIDEAST at one of the locations listed below, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st Floor
34 El-Bireh Municipality Street
Phone: 02-240-8023 ext 102 or 103
Omar Mukhtar St. No.8/704
Bseiso Building, 8th Floor,
Opposite the Arab Bank of Rimal
Phone: 08-282-4635 ext 102
Al Zahra Rd.
Chamber of Commerce Bldg. 1st Floor,
Trust Building, 3rd Floor
Nablus, West Bank
Al Jamah Commercial Center, 3rd Floor
Phone: 02-221-3301/2/3/4 Ext. 101