Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program West Bank/Gaza
AMIDEAST is now accepting applications for the Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program, funded by the United States Department of State through the Middle East Partnership Initiative and the American Consulate General in Jerusalem. The program will provide grants (financial assistance) to promising, academically qualified but financially challenged students who will be in grade eleven in the academic year 2016/2017 from Gaza, the West Bank, and Jerusalem, to assist them in competing more successfully for scholarships to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United States. This program is not a scholarship to study in the United States and does not guarantee U.S. college admission or a scholarship. This program provides direct assistance and support to students who are qualified for and very interested in future study in the United States but would otherwise not be able to afford the high cost of preparation courses, testing, application fees, etc.
AMIDEAST will provide students with the following range of educational advising, test preparation and testing services:
- Advising sessions on undergraduate study in the U.S. and the application process
- College Application & Essay Writing Workshop
- Test Preparation Courses for iBT TOEFL and SAT I, in addition to Online Practice Tests for iBT-TOEFL and SAT I
- Travel subsidies in the form of partial or full reimbursement of the cost of local transportation incurred in order to attend sessions, take courses, sit for tests, etc.
- Payment of application fees at up to six U.S. colleges or universities.
In order to be considered for the Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate a financial need and/or inability to cover the costs of preparing for and applying to US colleges/universities
- Be a Palestinian resident of the West Bank, Jerusalem, or Gaza
- Hold an A average overall and A in English in 9th and 10th grade
- Currently grade 10 in the academic year 2015/2016
- Have excellent attendance records
- Receive an excellent teacher evaluation score
- Submit AMIDEAST English Language Placement Test (20 NIS) results, level Upper intermediate minimum, or, ELTiS 223 score minimum, or TOEFL Jr. results, 700 score minimum, if taken within the last 3 months*.
* For dates and times of English Language placement testing in your location, please contact AMIDEAST in El-Bireh/Ramallah, Jerusalem, Nablus, Hebron or Gaza.
Prospective applicants may access the instructions and complete the on ‐ line application at:
Application Deadline: May 25, 2016
The application package must include: Complete application form, English placement test results, 9th and first semester 10th grade report card.
Submit complete application form, English placement test results, and 9th and first semester 10th grade report cards at the following locations:
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st Floor
34 El-Bireh Municipality Street
Tel.: 02-240-8023 ext 112
Omar Mukhtar St. No.8/704
Bseiso Building, 8th Floor,
Opposite the Arab Bank of Rimal
Tel.: 08-282-4635 ext 102
Al Zahra Rd.
Chamber of Commerce Bldg.1st Floor, Jerusalem
Trust Building, 3rd Floor
Nablus, West Bank
Al Jamah Commercial Center, 3rd Floor – University
02-221-3301/2/3/4 Ext. 101