Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants (Lincoln Grants) (Deadline Closed)
Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program West Bank/Gaza 2010-2011 (Deadline Closed)
AMIDEAST is now accepting applications for the Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program, funded by the United States Department of State through the Middle East Partnership Initiative and the Consulate General in Jerusalem. The program will provide grants (financial assistance) to promising, academically qualified but economically challenged students who will be in grade eleven in the academic year 2010/2011 from both Gaza and the West Bank to assist them in competing successfully for scholarships to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United States. The program will assist the selected students to become competitive applicants for U.S. college and university admissions and scholarships. This program is the first of its kind in terms of providing direct assistance to students who would otherwise not be able to realistically consider the idea of U.S. study because of the expenses required during the preparation process – testing, preparation courses and application fees, etc.
AMIDEAST will provide students with the following range of educational advising, test preparation and testing services:
- Advising sessions on undergraduate study in the U.S. and the application process
- College Application & Essay Writing Workshop (18 hours)
- Test Preparation Courses for iBT/PBT TOEFL and SAT I ( 30x2 hours) in addition to Online Practice Tests for iBT-TOEFL and SAT I
- Travel subsidies in the form of partial or full reimbursement of the cost of local transportation incurred in order to attend advising sessions, take preparation courses, sit for tests, etc.
- Payment of application fees at up to six U.S. colleges or universities.
In order to be considered for the Abraham Lincoln Incentive Grants Program, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- My family is unable to meet the costs of applying to a U.S. college or university
- Be a Palestinian resident of the West Bank, East Jerusalem or Gaza Strip
- A average overall and A in English
- Will be in grade 11 in the academic year 2010/2011
- Excellent attendance records
- Excellent teacher evaluation score
- Submit AMIDEAST English Language Placement Test (30NIS)
Deadline to submit application: August 22, 2010
For full details, see http://www.amideast.org/offices/westbank/
Fore more information, contact: AMIDEAST
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st Floor
34 El-Bireh Municipality Street
Tel.: 02-240-8023 ext 102 or 103
Omar Mukhtar St. No.8/704
Bseiso Building, 8th Floor,
Opposite the Arab Bank of Rimal
Tel.: 08-282-4635 ext 102
Al Zahra Rd.
Chamber of Commerce Bldg.1st Floor,
Trust Building, 3rd Floor
Nablus, West Bank
Al Jamah Commercial Center, 3rd Floor
02-221-3301/2/3/4 Ext. 101