In order to make your visit to the Consular Section as efficient and productive as possible, please note the following:
- Only people requiring services will be admitted. Please do not bring family members who do not need to attend the interview.
- Fill out your forms ahead of time. Your application will not be accepted until your forms are complete. All required forms are available on our website . In particular, if you are applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad , please complete a physical presence affidavit (PDF 15 KB) if only one parent is a U.S. citizen or if neither of two U.S. citizen parents was born in the U.S.
- Bring passport photos that meet our strict photo specifications.
- To facilitate access to the Consular Section, please carry only those items that are absolutely necessary. Please review our strict security requirements for more details.
- Come on time. You will be turned away and asked to make another appointment if you arrive more than half an hour late.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.