First Time Passports
Applicants Over 16 Years of Age
Following are the requirements to apply for a first-time passport for an individual over 16 years of age. Please read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could significantly delay your application or unnecessarily extend your visit to the Consular Section.
- The applicant must appear in person. There is no mail-in option for a first-time passport applicant.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship for the applicant, such as the following:
- a birth certificate issued in the United States
- a Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- a U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
- a U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
- a foreign passport showing entry into the United States on an immigrant visa under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000
- Proof of identity, such as the following:
- a valid passport from any other country
- a valid driver’s license with photograph
- a national identity card with photograph
- a valid U.S. or state government identity card
- a U.S. military identity card
- Properly completed Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11) (PDF 89 KB).
- One passport photograph that meets our strict photo specifications.
- Name change documentation (if applicable). If you have changed your name so that it no longer matches the name as it appears on your evidence of citizenship, you must provide documentation of the name change.
- Fee of $135. See our fee schedule for details on what forms of payment are accepted.
Delivery of issued documents
The delivery time for a passport is generally two to three weeks. You may either pick up your issued passport at our office or have it mailed to you. When you come to the Consular Section for your appointment, you can arrange courier delivery by one of our contracted courier services. The courier service will either deliver your documents directly to your chosen address or call you for pick-up at one of its distribution centers. You may also, if you wish, submit a self-addressed, stamped envelope with at least 16.70 NIS of postage for one passport, more if you would like us to return multiple passports to you.
Scheduling an appointment
Appointments are required for all passport services. To make an appointment, please visit this page.
Tracking your passport
Once you have submitted your passport application to our office, you can check its status by clicking here.