Passport Renewals for Applicants Under 16 Years of Age
Following are the requirements to renew a passport for a child under 16 years of age. Please read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could significantly delay your application or unnecessarily extend your visit to the Consular Section.
- The child and both parents must appear in person. If one or more of the parents cannot come in person, he or she must meet the requirements for providing consent for passport issuance.
- The child's most recent U.S. passport
- Evidence of relationship, such as the following:
- Minor's certified U.S. birth certificate with both parents' names
- Minor's certified foreign birth certificate with both parents' names
- Minor's Consular Report of Birth Abroad with both parents' names
- Adoption decree with adopting parents' names
- Court order establishing custody
- Court order establishing guardianship
Proof of identity of the parents, such as the following:
- a passport
- a valid driver’s license with photograph
- a national identity card with photograph
- a valid U.S. or state government identity card
- a U.S. military identity card
- Properly completed Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11)
- Two passport photographs that meet our strict photo specifications.
- Name change documentation (if applicable). If you have changed your child’s name or one of the parent’s names no longer matches the name as it appears on the evidence of relationship, you must provide documentation of the name change.
- Fee of $105. See our fee schedule for details on what forms of payment are accepted.
Delivery of issued documents
The delivery time for a passport is generally two to three weeks. You may either pick up your issued passport at our office or have it mailed to you. When you come to the Consular Section for your appointment, you can arrange courier delivery by one of our contracted courier services. The courier service will either deliver your documents directly to your chosen address or call you for pick-up at one of its distribution centers. You may also, if you wish, submit a self-addressed, stamped envelope with at least 16.70 NIS of postage for one passport, more if you would like us to return multiple passports to you.
Scheduling an appointment
Appointments are required for all passport services. To make an appointment, please visit this page.
Tracking your passport
Once you have submitted your passport application to our office, you can check its status by clicking here.